host-identifier and option 82

Christian Kratzer ck at cksoft.de
Sun Jan 29 08:26:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012, Alex Moen wrote:
<snipp/>
>> I am currently reading the code to see if I can whip up a patch to
>> extend dynamic ldap searches to host-identifier.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Christian
>
> If you're feeling ambitious, maybe you can hack a way to "nest" these as
> well... so that the function can use more than one identifier (such as the
> agent.circuit-id + agent.remote-id + vendor-class-identifier)...

from reading the ldap code I see it seems to be returning only the first
match for hardware address so you cannot have multiple hosts with the same
mac in different subnets as the regular code allows you to.  So I will
have to hack that first.

I don't see that much of a need for concatenations of multiple identiers
currently as you could always just put all you need in one string.  I do
see a need to support multiple different host-ids in one ldap tree.
Like for example circuit-id for some hosts and subscriber-id for others.

I will need to find out how to work that into the current lpap code first.

Greetings
Christian