host-identifier and option 82

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 18:40:18 UTC 2012

=?utf-8?Q?Michal_Van=C4=8Do?= wrote:
>Great. The only remaining question is, whether ISC dhcpd responds
>with DHCPNAK or just remains silent in case like this. If it
>responds with DHCPNAK, client will start over trying to get new
>lease.

That's up to you !
If your server config is such that there are no leases it can offer
to devices without Option 82 then I think it will keep quiet. The
obvious thing to do is try it and see.

On the other hand, you can always setup firewall filters that will
block direct requests from clients so the server daemon never sees
them.

--
Simon Hobson