DHCPv6 and MAC Address inclusion

perl-list perl-list at network1.net
Wed Jan 25 20:44:20 UTC 2012

BTW: we are running isc dhcp 4.2.3p1

I assume the ia-na .... from the leases file is similar to the UID from DHCPv4 leases file:

uid client-identifier;

The uid statement records the client identifier used by the client to acquire the lease. Clients are not required to send client identifiers, and this statement only appears if the client did in fact send one. Client identifiers are normally an
ARP type (1 for ethernet) followed by the MAC address, just like in the hardware statement, but this is not required.

The client identifier is recorded as a colon-separated hexadecimal list or as a quoted string. If it is recorded as a quoted string and it contains one or more non-printable characters, those characters are represented as octal escapes - a back-
slash character followed by three octal digits.