DHCPv6 and MAC Address inclusion

Ted Lemon Ted.Lemon at nominum.com
Wed Jan 25 20:38:30 UTC 2012

On Jan 25, 2012, at 4:58 AM, <sthaug at nethelp.no<mailto:sthaug at nethelp.no>> <sthaug at nethelp.no<mailto:sthaug at nethelp.no>> wrote:
I see nothing here which prevents a client from having several IAs for
one interface. I agree that this may be unusual - however, given the
wide spread of clients out there I have a hard time depending on only
one IA per interface.

I think you mistake the intention here.   The expectation is that clients will have one IAID per interface.   However, they may have more.   If they do, it's because they need more than one identity association for that interface.   But this is not something you should ever expect to see from a client that hasn't been specifically configured to send more than one IAID.   So I don't see how it causes you a problem.