DHCPv6 Question

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 21:47:16 UTC 2012

Brian Hamacher wrote:

>If I look through my Router Advertisments I do see the FE80 address
>that should be getting set as the default gateway.

Just a thought, and I'm very much still fumbling in the dark on IPv6
myself, but will a device accept an FE80 address as a router?

By definition an FE80 address is link local, and it's quite possible
to make an assumption that if a device doesn't use a routable
address, then its' not a good candidate as a router.

--
Simon Hobson