DHCPv6 Question

Brian Hamacher bhamacher at westianet.com
Tue Jan 10 19:54:13 UTC 2012

Wim,

Thank you for the advice that did fix my issue on the Windows 7 laptop.  I am now getting dns information.  The next trouble I am having is I am not getting a default gateway.  Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that was derived from the Router Advertisments?  Is there a setting or option I need to change to get this information passed to the client?

Thank You

Brian

In my test setup (only fixed ipv6 addresses via dhcp) I also had to disable privacy addresses in windows 7.

netsh interface ipv6 set privacy state=disabled

--Wim