[DHCP] Re: Segment network for wireless

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sun Jan 8 02:05:48 UTC 2012

On 1/7/2012 6:36 PM, Joe Vitti wrote:
> Disable DHCP on the wireless device and put it in AP mode and all DHCP requests will go to the Linux box.
>
> You can configure a static for the AP within DHCP so that you can access the web config page.

     Yeah, this is the part I'm trying to figure out.  I can disable the
DHCP server on the wireless router, but then what ...  I don't know
where nor how to set it in AP mode.  It's a Netgear WNR2000v3.

     Right now, it wants to use 10.0.0.x as it's LAN range ...  I can't
change that either.

     And, after searching a bit, it looks like the only "other" mode
this thing has is a "repeater" mode, but then one has to turn off all
security and the speed drops considerably.  That's coming from Netgear's
own web site.

     So, it seems I'm stuck.