DHCP Failover and Performance

perl-list perl-list at network1.net
Wed Feb 22 14:18:39 UTC 2012

You might consider making your lease length a bit longer. If you are having 25 bindings/sec with only 100k clients, then you must only have a 2 hour lease. I would not run with less than an 8 hour lease in any environment. You might even consider longer than this depending on what kind of clients they are. A week wouldn't be out of bounds if this is a non-hostile corporate network etc...