Static Leases do not work

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Fri Feb 3 13:40:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Fri, 3 Feb 2012, "Küppers, Malte" wrote:
<config snipped/>
> This is a sample subnet. There are multiple 1000 similar ones. Maybe the problem is connected to a hourly restart of dhcpd? The config is dynamically created by script every hour, what maybe
> causes the wipeout? When I set the reserved flag I can see it in the leases file, but as I said it gets lost... It's not a special host, just a bunch of laptops I use for testing. But regardless of the host,
> the lease should stay in the leases file even after some restarts and host downtime?
> Maybe I should spilt the range and use host statements via omapi... I just have to make sure static leases don't get lost since that would really be disastrous.

Have you checked that your your hourly restart scripts are not cleaning up your lease file ?  A lease file completely disappearing is not something I would suppose to happen regularly.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2