BIND compilation problem

caterwaul caterwaul at 163.com
Wed Dec 19 11:48:22 UTC 2012

Hi friends,

When compiled bind-9.8.3-P2 in dhcp-4.2.4-P1-r0 I encountered some problems. Thank you in advance.

1 To let the make work I need to add --host=xxx --build=xxx and --with-randomdev=/dev/urandom. Is this a proper solution?

2 Then I met /bin/sh: ./gen: cannot execute binary file. This might because the gen should be generated by host compiler but now it's done by cross compiler. On the Internet it said that it need to change CC into CC_FOR_BUILD in bind-9.8.3-P2/lib/export/dns/Makefile. But CC_FOR_BUILD is null in my environment. So where can I find the right CC_FOR_BUILD or other host compiler definition?