DHCPv6 server test subnet6 config problem

caterwaul caterwaul at 163.com
Wed Dec 12 10:37:23 UTC 2012

Hi friends,

I want to start DHCPv6 test scripts but encounter following issues. Could anyone help me? Thank you.

Question:
As the error output said I need to start DHCPv6 mode. But how to do that?

My subnet6 config:
# XXX: for testing
subnet6 fe80::204:9fff:fe02:4f1/64 {
}

Shell output:
root at mymachine:~/tests/DHCPv6# dhcpd -cf test-a.conf -lf /tmp/test.leases -d
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.2.4-P1
Copyright 2004-2012 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/
test-a.conf line 65: subnet6 statement is only supported in DHCPv6 mode.
subnet6
^
Configuration file errors encountered -- exiting

If you did not get this software from ftp.isc.org, please
get the latest from ftp.isc.org and install that before
requesting help.

If you did get this software from ftp.isc.org and have not
yet read the README, please read it before requesting help.
If you intend to request help from the dhcp-server at isc.org
mailing list, please read the section on the README about
submitting bug reports and requests for help.

Please do not under any circumstances send requests for
help directly to the authors of this software - please
send them to the appropriate mailing list as described in
the README file.

exiting.