IP by DHCP on virtual interface

rohit verma rohitv at cdac.in
Thu Dec 6 06:29:12 UTC 2012

Hi all,
 	I'm trying to get the IP on my virtual interface using different
client-identifiers on base NIC and virtual NIC.DHCP server log shows that
it is assigning 2 different IPs on the basis of client-identifier but only
the base NIC gets the IP,
 			I know to do this i have to manually edit the
dhcp-client script but i'm clueless about where and what to make changes
to let virtual NIC get the IP from DHCP server.Any help would be
appreciated.

Regards
Netops
National Param Supercomputing Facility (NPSF)
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
Pune University Campus
Ganesh Khind
Pune - 411 007
Maharashtra (India)