No Duid field in lease database

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Sat Aug 25 00:09:58 UTC 2012

In my dhcpd.conf I have a line like this:

set vendor-string = option vendor-class-identifier;

which results in a leases file that looks like this (note the
vendor-string variable):

lease 192.168.14.217 {
  starts 3 2012/07/11 11:01:39;
  ends 3 2012/07/11 11:03:39;
  tstp 3 2012/07/11 11:03:39;
  cltt 3 2012/07/11 11:01:39;
  binding state free;
  hardware ethernet ec:55:f9:ad:03:a2;
  set vendor-string = "dhcpcd 4.0.15";
}

You may be able to do something similar with the DUID, perhaps using
"option dhcp6.client-id".

regards,
-glenn