Clients sending corrupt VendorClassID

Randall C Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu
Tue Aug 21 19:24:28 UTC 2012

Simon:
  That was a world-class great idea... but in real life there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to overwrite the client provided value.

  if substring( option vendor-class-identifier, 1, 3 ) = "PS3" {
    option vendor-class-identifier "PS3";
  }

  No effect (also tried with offset 0 just in case)

  any other ideas?

Randall Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu