RENEW/RELEASE through PERL script

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 18:06:35 UTC 2012

PARAM KRISH wrote:

>1. Whenever i send a DHCPREQUEST, it gets me a new IP even though
>the lease for the earlier request still remains valid.

What are you sending as Client Identifier and Client Hardware Address ?
If ClientID is present then it must remain constant - if it changes
then the client is a different client.
If ClientID is not present, then Client Hardware Address must remain
constant - if it changes then it's a different client.

--
Simon Hobson