critical FYI secondary in partner-down

Randall C Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu
Tue Aug 7 18:21:48 UTC 2012

Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.1.1-P1 as distributed by Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.3 (Santiago) and possibly other versions.

To my great surprise when I brought up my secondary in partner-down mode, all of the leases issued had a zero duration. This was quite disruptive - All of my windows machines with dynamic leases failed.

The work-around is to change the server to primary. (but it took a bit of work and dented reputation to determine this)

FYI  FYI  FYI

has anyone else seen this?

Randall Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu