on-commit execute a script and update lease end time

Franz flamana at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 17:34:52 UTC 2012

Hi,
This is my first post on this list, i have  isc-dhcp-4.2.3 running on
FreeBSD 8.1. I give leases of 1 hour to everyone. User need to
authenticate against freeradius groups, now each group has a different
Session-Timeout in seconds, what I want is on renew, run a script
check the session-timeout in the MySQL db and update the end time to
now() + session-timeout or reserve that lease for that amount of
seconds. Would this require to restart the service everytime or this
information can be updated on the fly? What I want to avoid with this
is for user A (5 day session-timeout) to loose his ip assignment while
he was offline for 2 days and someone else got that ip as it did not
respond to ping from dhcp server. Thank you for your answers and
suggestions.

Franz