dhcp server on cluster best practices

José Queiroz zekkerj at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 18:03:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm running dhcpd 3.0.3 on Suse Enterprise Server (SLES) 10 cluster, with 2
machines.

I configured these machines to work on failover mode, so each cluster node
is a failover peer.

The problem is that now we'll have a third cluster node, and the failover
mode will no more be feasible. I could run independent instances on the
cluster nodes, but in this case I would have to share application data from
one node to the others, via SAN. I fear that this could cause loss of
performance.

Does anyone have experience with this scenario?