dhcp-users Digest, Vol 37, Issue 2

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Tue Nov 1 13:43:14 UTC 2011

On 11/02/11 00:10, King, Harold Clyde (Hal) wrote:
> I'm moving from ISC DHCP 3.1.3 to 4.2.2 and I note that the dhcpd.leases
> file has moved to /var/db. Are there other changes that I'm missing? Am I
> jumping too far ahead?

You can test your config file using dhcpd -t, and test the leases file
using dhcpd -T with the new version to see if there are any syntax
errors. Should be fine though.

The leases file directory is different in every distro, so don't worry
too much about it. You can always add a lease-file-name statement to
your dhcpd.conf to point back to your old place.

--
regards,
-glenn