Host declaration for multiple hardware interfaces and multiple

Rainer Stumbaum stumbaumr at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 30 08:28:36 UTC 2011

Hi,
thanks for the quick reply.

We want to use http://www.webmin.com to administer the dhcpd.conf - so dhcpd.conf is already like a database ;-)...
The inheritance from the filestructure is managed by webmin - and we require that inheritence to hand out different filename options to servers in the same subnet using groups...

Regarding the problem:
We do not mind to have multiple entries for one host with different host declarations - but we want to reduce the risk of typos.

And that is why we are looking for a way to cut some part of the host declaration using dhcp-eval "scripting" to get the ddns-hostname right.

ddns-hostname = "host-decl-name, but only up to the first dot"

Best regards
Rainer