A Microsoft version of DHCP client computer cannot obtain an IP address from a server that is running Linux

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Mon Mar 21 11:35:04 UTC 2011

On 21 Mar 2011, at 01:24, sunliang wrote:

> But what still confuses me is how the Linux DHCP server setting ignores
> these “repeated” DHCP discovering messages. And how can I solve this
> problem?
>
> I hope you guys can help me with it and share your points of views.

	Something is misconfigured.

	Your dhcpd log (see /var/log/messages on the RHEL box where
	your dhcpd is running) may help you identify what it is.
	If the repeated DHCPDISCOVER entries aren't showing in the log,
	you'll need to look to your network (routers, firewalls ...).

	If you still need assistance after checking all that, anyone on
	the list who has time and is minded to help will need the
	following information:

	- your network topology,
	- your dhcpd configuration, and
	- your dhcpd log.