Problems installing DHCP on Solaris

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Mar 17 09:54:48 UTC 2011

Do you have the compiler tool spackage installed?

hostname$ pkginfo SUNWsprot
system      SUNWsprot Solaris Bundled tools

You also need the directory where the make binary lives to be included
in your $PATH.

PATH=$PATH:/usr/ccs/bin; export PATH

You might find that the path setting is ok if you are not logged in as
root for the configure and compile?

I compile dhcpd on Solaris 10 using this configuration.That puts the
leases files in the same directories that Sun's dhcp uses.

hostname$ CFLAGS='-O -D_PATH_DHCPD_CONF=\"/usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf\"' \
     ./configure \
     --prefix=/usr/local \
     --sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc \
     --mandir=/usr/local/man \
     --localstatedir=/var \
     --with-srv-lease-file=/var/dhcp/dhcpd.leases \
     --with-srv6-lease-file=/var/dhcp/dhcpd6.leases \
     --with-cli-lease-file=/var/dhcp/dhclient.leases \
     --with-cli6-lease-file=/var/dhcp/dhclient6.leases

hostname$ type make
make is /usr/ccs/bin/make

If you search the list archives there is also a svcadm script that I
wrote for managing dhcpd using SMF.

regards,
-glenn