parse problem with pool balance statements

Ana Gallardo Gómez anaougu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:10:39 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm using ISC DHCP Server 4.1.1-P1 with debian squezze. I want to use
failover with load balance, so I'm using the Failover pool balance
statements:

/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf.primary

failover peer "failover" {
  primary;
  address X.X.X.X;
  port 647;
  peer address X.X.X.Y;
  peer port 647;
  max-response-delay 60;
  max-unacked-updates 10;
  mclt 3600;
  split 128;
  load balance max seconds 3;
  max-lease-misbalance 15;
  max-lease-ownership 10;
  min-balance 60;
  max-balance 3600;
}

When I try to start the server I got the error message:

# /etc/init.d/isc-dhcp-server start
dhcpd self-test failed. Please fix the config file.
The error was:
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.1.1-P1
Copyright 2004-2010 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/
/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf.primary line 36: expecting number.
  max-lease-misbalance
                       ^
/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf.rinuex09_subnet line 26: failover peer failover: not
found
    failover peer "failover"
                   ^
/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf line 7: /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf.subnet: bad parse.
include "/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf.subnet"
         ^
Configuration file errors encountered -- exiting

I don't know what is the problem. I need help to solve this, so I'm sorry if
my question is stupid.

Thank you in advance and sorry for my english.

:: Ana Gallardo Gómez ::