dhcrelay does not relay answers back to client

Bruce Hudson Bruce.Hudson at Dal.Ca
Fri Mar 11 22:38:19 UTC 2011

> On Gateway2, there is a dhcrelay running:
>   dhcrelay [-i eth0] <dhcp server address)

    This command tells the relay to listen on "eth0", which is not the
interface that the replies from the dhcp server come in on. Hence those
replies are ignored. You need to listen on the outside interface as
well.

    I know your configuration makes logical sense, but it is not how the
relay software is written.
--
Bruce A. Hudson				| Bruce.Hudson at Dal.CA
ITS, Networks and Systems		|