Request ignored (not authoritative) to only one client

David Forrest drf at maplepark.com
Fri Jul 29 20:16:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011, Jerimiah Cole wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 13:09 -0500, David Forrest wrote:
>> Do you have an authoritative statement we're not seeing?
>
> No, that's the entire config.
>
> FWIW, if I add an authoritative statement globally or in the subnet, I
> get "wrong network" instead.
>
> Jerimiah

Humph, that's expected if a client asks for the wrong network.  It looks
like your new device thinks it has a valid lease somewhere.  When it asks
for it answers the ping packet check from the server which should send a
DHCPNAK to get the client to abandon the wrong network it has and ask
again via a new DISCOVER request.  The authoritative statement just allows
the server send the DHCPNAKs.  See the dhcpd.conf man page for a more
exhaustive explanation.

Dave
--
David Forrest