error: partial base64 value left over

David Hankins dhankins at google.com
Wed Jan 26 19:38:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Peter Rathlev <peter at rathlev.dk> wrote:

> The problems seems to lie in the fact that the cfile->line1 and
> cfile->line2 used in a "buffer swap" style to store current and previous
> lines are only char[81]. Enlarging these arrays and adjusting the
> counter could move the problem beyond "normal" line lengths.

If you can think of a way to redesign the lexer so that it doesn't have an
arbitrary limitation at all, that may be best, but just increasing the
buffer sizes sounds reasonable (to me) for maintenance.

Maybe it would be a good idea to update the man-page of dhcpd.conf to
> include quoting in the examples (e.g. server/dhcpd.conf.5:1309 in
> 4.2.0-P2) and point out the problems with unquoted strings.

Not exactly; my memory is that this format is supported because it is
identical to BIND 9 config format.  This allows using the 'include'
statement in bind9 named.conf and dhcpd.conf to read the same key, and you
only have to update the key in one place if you change it.

Where would one suggest such a thing? I'm thinking dhcp-users might not

Make a patch against the most recent release from www.isc.org and mail it to
dhcp-bugs@ for bugs or dhcp-suggest@ for features. :)

--
David W. Hankins