dhcp-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 28

David Hankins dhankins at google.com
Tue Jan 25 19:43:31 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Peter Holland <pholland at skytap.com> wrote:

> So, yes, quoting the string in the dhcpd.conf file does make the parser
> happy.  Thank you for the suggestion.  Much appreciated.
> Cheers,
> Pete

The difference in providing the quotations is that the entire base64 value
is handed to the base64 parser from the config lexer as one token - a string
- since base64 strings can have recognizable tokens for DHCP parsing it has
to read lexicons several times and form a chain of strings to process.

If adding the quotes changes the behavior, then you're looking at a bug in
how these tokens are chained, but I couldn't say what precisely.  My first
guess would be you've got an ascii character come lexical token that wasn't
a lexicon when the parser was first written but was added later.  So the
list of tokens to continue reading lexicons is incomplete and it stops
reading early.

--
David W. Hankins
SRE