Tracking historical lease information

David Carlin djc6 at case.edu
Thu Jan 20 17:59:42 UTC 2011

This might be the simplest approach..  I've found this article that
should help me navigate the DHCP entries in syslog:

http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_DHCPGeneralOperationandClientFiniteStateMachine.htm

I was hoping for a canned solution as it seems there are a lot of
different syslog messages that need to be interpreted to know what MAC
address was assigned a lease at a given point in time.

Its not the scripting that concerns me, its making 100% sure I
interpret the logs properly :)

David