Tracking GB Usage

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 16:59:21 UTC 2011

Paul Stewart wrote:

>I should have elaborated a bit more though - if we used flow data as
>an example we would need a way to "bind" the cable modem MAC to the
>usage..?

Monitor log files to pick up changes/assignments ?
Add "on <something>" events to your DHCP config to update an external table ?

Once you've extracted information from DCHP to relate
devices/addresses/users then it's left as an exercise for you to then
capture traffic flows. If they are your own cable modems, then
potentially you could just use SNMP to capture interface counters.

--
Simon Hobson