Regarding DHCPRELEASE.

Gautam Shejwalkar gautams.forums at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 07:17:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

When -r option is used to send a DHCPRELEASE option to the dhcp server the
client sends the request through the fallback interface even if we have
given the interface name in the command line. If you look at the
client/dhclient.c file in send_release function we check check if
fallback_interface is present send the release through it. Is there any
specific reason why we always send through the fallback_interface rather
then first checking if we have any interface available send it through it
other wise send it through faillback interface.

Regards,
-SG