GSS TSIG dynamic DNS from dhcpd

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Wed Feb 23 16:39:20 UTC 2011

> Von: "Jürgen Dietl" <juergen.dietl at googlemail.com>
> Sorry my mistake,
> i thought you mean BIND not DHCP ......... so I dont know about that.

I don't know how to configure dhcpd for GSS-TSIG either, but there should be an easy way around the problem:

Just install Bind on the same server as your dhcpd, listening on 127.0.0.1.

Then you could send the DDNS-Updates with normal TSIG from dhcpd to Bind.
And Bind you must configure for GSS-TSIG as described before and in addition to that you have to configure it to forward your updates.

problem solved :-)

Tom.