static reservation from dynamic pool

Adam Moffett adamlists at plexicomm.net
Wed Oct 13 19:11:03 UTC 2010

  I have a shared network with a pool defined and I've also I've set up
a host with a fixed address from the middle of that same pool.
Something similar to this:

host foo {
   hardware ethernet 00:00:aa:aa:11:11;
   fixed-address 10.1.1.142;
}

This does seem to work just fine, but I noticed this in the log:
Dynamic and static leases present for 10.1.1.142.
Remove host declaration foo or remove 10.1.1.142
from the dynamic address pool for sharednetwork

Should I expect something bad to actually happen?  Will ISC dhcpd
actually hand out 10.1.1.142 to someone other than "foo" and cause a
conflict?

I'm assuming people will say no, because I'm pretty darn sure I did this
in the past and never had an issue.