Assigning a different gateway address based on gi-addr

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Thu Nov 4 21:11:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 09:57:07PM -0400, Nicolas De Cristofaro wrote:
> I'll have to test that as well actually, I didn't check for the RENEW
> condition. The other option I see is we pass the router's hostname in
> option 82, so I guess we could match on substring from the agent
> circuit.id as well?

Unfortunately, that would be a hostname instead of a binary wire format
IPv4 address.  The language doesn't let you substitute a name for the
address in this particular way.

On a completely unrelated note, and due to a bug with the way that
'option foo = hostname;' gets written to dhcpd.leases when it is
inserted via OMAPI derived host records (the bug is actually that
the written format is not parseable), there may soon be a
gethostbyname() primitive in the config language.  So in that case,
it could then work, but this is not in any publicly released version
yet.