DHCPD classes - How to put unknown devices in a separate class?

Randall C Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu
Wed Mar 24 13:02:59 UTC 2010

With vendor class identifiers you can a.) override default configuration values such as dns servers b.) define memberships that can be used to allow access to pools.
You need to do a bit of both perhaps. Still a little vague in your description but presume you need to give private IP space to your matching devices that is defined as a secondary on the same interface. You will define a shared network with pools for each address space. The allow matching devices to use the private pool while denying matching to use the public pool.