ddns: how to set a CNAME entry?

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 10:08:43 UTC 2010

Harald Dunkel wrote:
>Since ddns supports more than just setting A records, maybe
>it would be possible to extend dhcpd.conf to make better use
>of these features? The ddns-hostname option could accept more
>than just a single hostname, e.g.:
>
>host dep1-build-sol10u6-042 {
>	hardware ethernet 00:16:36:61:74:c4;
>	ddns-hostname "dep1-build-sol10u6-042 CNAME vhost042";
>	option host-name "dep1-build-sol10u6-042";
>}

I dare say ISC would consider any patches submitted - provided you
had sufficient protection in place (like for A records) to prevent
someone deleting a CNAME for your very important server !

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon
part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a
dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the
printer OS on it. If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd
be grateful - requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of
support for years.
Alternatively, if anyone has one of these and would let me image
their hard disk ...