DHCP Logging

Frank Sweetser fs at WPI.EDU
Sat Jun 26 13:48:16 UTC 2010

On 6/26/2010 9:36 AM, Blake Griffin wrote:
> Don't know how this will work for what I want to do.  For options that
> do not exist, I want to place something such as "NONE" or "---" into the
> log statement where the option value would normally go. If those options
> don't exist, the log statement never gets processed.

Yes, and that's why I suggested pick-first-value.  Read the dhcp-eval man page:

      pick-first-value (data-expr1 [ ... exprn ] )
           The pick-first-value function takes any number of  data  expressions
           as  its arguments.   Each expression is evaluated, starting with the
           first in the list, until an expression is found that does not evalu-
           ate  to a null value.   That expression is returned, and none of the
           subsequent expressions are evaluated.   If all expressions  evaluate
           to a null value, the null value is returned.

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken