problem with spawning subclass

Nils-Henner Krueger nhk at snhc-krueger.de
Mon Jun 21 14:44:22 UTC 2010

I'm running version 4.1.1 on Solaris 5.10 in failover setup. To prevent
customers behind DSLAMs from requesting numerous IPs we use the standard
spawning subclass mechanism as explained in the man-page.

class "customer" {
  spawn with option agent.circuit-id;
  lease limit 4;
}

This is working fine so far.

Now I see DISCOVER packets in the log rejected by the server with "no
available billing: lease limit reached in all matching classes". I
captured these packets and grep'd the corresponding agent.circuit-id in
dhcpd.leases but found nothing!?

I see no explanation for this behaviour but a bug in dhcpd? Any other
idea? Is there any way to query the contents of the spawning classes
directly from the server? It looks like there is a discrepancy between
what I see in dhcpd.leases and what the server keeps internally.

nils-henner