Compiline ISC DHCP on Redhat

Nathan McDavit-Van Fleet nmcdavit at alcor.concordia.ca
Wed Jul 14 17:16:46 UTC 2010

Hello,

I read that the redhat version of ISC DHCP is "optimized" for redhat.
However, the package on Redhat is 3.0.5 and I wanted to try 4.1.1.

So I tried compiling the src from the ISC site, but when I tried ./configure
it said that it could not find GCC. I have indeed installed GCC but it
cannot detect it somehow. Does anyone know if there is something in
particular that I need to change in order to be capable of installing it on
RedHat?

Also, I'd like to install the configs and other files in a custom directory.

Thanks,

Nathan Van Fleet

Telecommunications Analyst

Network Assessment and Integration