Re: Re: Failover question on the address pool

Billy Ng mondeo1055 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 29 09:25:27 UTC 2010

Hi NHK,

I've tried it to modify the "local-state" value from omshell and found that the address state changed from "backup" to "free" after the MCLT value expired. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Billy

________________________________
寄件人﹕ Nils-Henner Krueger <nhk at snhc-krueger.de>
收件人﹕ dhcp-users at lists.isc.org
傳送日期﹕ 2010/1/29 (五) 4:55:02 PM
主題: Re: Re: Failover question on the address pool

Am 29.01.2010 03:56, schrieb Billy Ng:
> Is it possible to use the entire address pool by setting the
> partner-state to down? If yes, which parameter should be changed in
> omshell? Thanks in advise.

After(!) the partner is down, you do:

# omshell
> server <your server name>
> port 7912
> connect
obj: <null>
> new failover-state
obj: failover-state
> set name = "your cluster name"
obj: failover-state
name = "your cluster name"
> open
obj: failover-state
name = "your cluster name"
[...]
local-state = 00:00:00:02
[...]
> set local-state = 4
[...]
> update
[...]

You will see the changing server state in the log file, something like this:

Jan 29 09:36:11 dhcp0 dhcpd: [ID 702911 local6.info] peer cluster:
disconnected
Jan 29 09:36:11 dhcp0 dhcpd: [ID 702911 local6.info] failover peer
cluster: I move from normal to communications-interrupted
Jan 29 09:37:23 dhcp0 dhcpd: [ID 702911 local6.info] failover peer
cluster: I move from communications-interrupted to partner-down

(Most of) the corresponding information can be found in 'man dhcpd'.

nhk

      Yahoo!香港提供網上安全攻略,教你如何防範黑客! 請前往 http://hk.promo.yahoo.com/security/ 了解更多!