Configuring multiple SLP Directory Agents - DHCP Option 78

Raymond raymondlu008 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 16:23:33 UTC 2010

We are running DHCP 3.1.3.

Our environment requires different SLP Directory Agents for hosts
defined in different groups within the same subnet. Our config file
looks like the following:

        subnet 10.1.1.0 {
        }

        group {
            option slp-directory-agent   true 10.1.1.8;
            host a.test.com {
            }
        }
        group {
            option slp-directory-agent   true 10.1.1.9;
            host c.test.com {
            }
        }

When DHCP clients send DHCP Inform to request for the slp-directory-
agent option, DHCP server sends back DHCP ACK without any slp-
directory-agent information.

Is there a way to make this to work? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Raymond