two dhcp problem

José Ortiz kyriox at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 19:16:55 UTC 2010

Hi everybody.

I veyr glad if someone could give me an advice about my problem. At the
begin I had only one authoritative dhcp server, which is configure to give
dhcp parameters only to known clients and it works correctly, the
configuration only consist in one subnet a we add all know clients using a
host declaration. We decide to add other dhcp server in a different subnet
that share the same fisycal networt with the fist one, the configuration is
the same in both servers only differs the subnet and the set of clients.
All linux and mac clients are able to adquire dhcp paramtres from the server
where they are known clients, but  some windows clients if they recieve
dhcpnack from the server where they are unknow clients always keep waiting
and never adquires dhcp information and if i stop the server that doesn´t
know thier, They immediatly get the dhcp parameters. Someone has been a
similar problem?

Thx.