dhcpd: failover peer pool-name: address not available

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Jan 21 06:57:19 UTC 2010

Are you running the same version of dhcpd on both systems? The failover
protocol in 3.0.x and 3.1.x are not compatible. Maybe the server upgrade
   enabled the default dhcpd or something similar?

In server/failover.c that message seems to only happen when failing to
initiate the failover connection to the peer. So check the hostname
resolves to the correct IP address, and that you can ping the other host.

regards,
-glenn