Prohibition of the Internet

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 13:22:30 UTC 2010

syhshanda wrote:

>In the following code,
>
>  host somedevice {
>       hardware ethernet aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff;
>       deny booting ;
>}
>This code should be written in the dhcpd.conf? What "somedevice"
>stand for?  Is "client-hostname" or other name?

Have you read the man pages ? Try 'man dhcpd.conf' to start with.

Yes, it goes in dhcpd.conf, and "somedevice" is anything you want
(within reason) - most people use something like the client name.

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon
part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a
dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the
printer OS on it. If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd
be grateful - requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of
support for years.