Prohibition of the Internet

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 09:44:24 UTC 2010

syhshanda wrote:

>I use the dhcpd to allocation IP address to the clients, how can I
>prohibition one of the clients connect the Internet at once?

DHCP is not a security protocol, so the short answer is "you can't".
You can refuse to serve an address to a device, but that will not
prevent a user manually configuring it.

If you re-phrase the question as "how can I not server an address to
a certain client ?" then the answer is :

host somedevice {
   hardware ethernet aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff ;
   deny booting ;
}

If you don't want the log entries each time the client tries to boot,
then use "ignore booting" instead of "deny booting".

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon
part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a
dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the
printer OS on it. If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd
be grateful - requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of
support for years.