[DHCP] RE: Determining request

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Jan 5 21:08:25 UTC 2010

Randall C Grimshaw wrote:
> With this information I am going to join with Matt in suggesting the use of vlans to define a separate subnet.

    Lovely, that would mean me having to go through the documentation
for the switch (HP ProCurve 4000m) and figuring out the VLANs -
something that was never done in the first place.  When the switch was
installed, they simply powered it up and plugged everyone in and called
it done.

    Ok, I'll go that route and see if I can figure it out, but ...  Once
that's done, I still don't know how to configure DHCPd to tell what's
what ...?