DNS dynamic update with DHCPD 3.1.3

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Jan 5 14:36:32 UTC 2010

Autuori Gianluigi wrote:
>I configured dhcp server and now I want to update database of dns
>(BIND9) every time dhcp server assigns an ip to  new device.
>how can I do it?

Start with 'man dhcpd.conf' and see the section on dynamic DNS
updating. It's quite easy to set up - but be careful about the subtle
differences in use of quotes between dpcdp and bind.

If, when you've read the man pages, there is anything you don't
understand, or if it's not working properly, then pop back here and
we'll be happy to help.

--
Simon Hobson