4.2.0, ipv6 and pd over ppp0

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 20 18:37:13 UTC 2010

On 2010-08-20 18:20, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> I run it like:
> ./dhclient -6 -P -d -v ppp0
>
> I see the client do IA_PD etc and also see a message status code Success.
>
> But where does the PD go?
> Does the client store the Prefix?
> Assign it to an interface?
>
> I did not find a race of such action.
>
> Can someone please shine a light on this?

Hmm. I found this here:
http://lists.cluenet.de/pipermail/ipv6-ops/2009-December/002769.html
Bjørn Mork asks the right questions:

I'm interested in how I
configure the *client* to request a PD and configure one or more
interfaces based on that.  The main problem is: How do I tell the client
that I want to allocate subnet X from the delegated /48 or /56 to
interface I, and subnet Y from the /48 or /56 to interface J?

Bonus for some way to trigger radvd to announce a subnet on one or more
interfaces, and extra bonus for some way to trigger dhclient based on
received RA flags (don't know if that is feasible as long as the
autoconf is done by the kernel?).

Were any of these answered somewhere?
I.e.: can we actually /use/ `dhclient -6 -P`?

Kind regards,
Udo