dhcpd complains receive_packet failed on e1000g0: Error 0

Steven Sipes quicksilver_00 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 17:39:06 UTC 2010

Greetings everyone.  Hopefully I'm looking in the right place for an answer.  I just joined the list and this is my first post.

I downloaded and am running ISC DHCPD 4.1.1 from SunFreeware on a Solaris 10 x86 server I built.

I can start the dhcpd server without problems and it is definitely serving up addresses for clients on my network.

But it is also spewing the following messages to /var/adm/messages and chewing up some serious disk space.  I had more than 100,000 of them within a 5 minute window.

Aug 18 11:37:17 serv1 dhcpd: [ID 702911 daemon.error] receive_packet: Error 0
Aug 18 11:37:17 serv1 dhcpd: [ID 702911 daemon.error] receive_packet failed on e1000g0: Error 0

I can't seem to find any posted solutions.  Any help and/or guidance
would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Steven