Multiple instances of custom option possible?

teemu.savolainen at nokia.com teemu.savolainen at nokia.com
Wed Aug 18 09:03:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have tried to find answer to following problem but haven't succeeded. Could you please assist?

I'm working with prototype implementation relating to my draft: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-savolainen-mif-dns-server-selection/

I would like to have multiple instances of the proposed DHCPv6 option sent by ISC's DHCPv6 server implementation (4.2.0) and be received by the ISC's client (stateless mode). I get one instance through just fine, but is it possible to have several without modifying code?

Definition:
option dhcp6.option-dns-select code xx = { ip6-address, integer 8, domain-list };

Thank you,

Teemu