Option 82 & limit lease 1

Denis Laventure Denis_Laventure at uqac.ca
Wed Apr 28 16:32:32 UTC 2010

Hi Glenn,

I get this error if I try concat with host-identifier:

/uqac/dhcp/dhcpd.conf line 248: host-identifier must be an option
host pc          { host-identifier concat(
                                           ^
Configuration file errors encountered -- exiting

Here's my host config:
host pc          { host-identifier concat(option agent.remote-id, option agent.circuit-id) 0:6:0:13:19:91:3b:0:0:4:1:2a:2:4; fixed-address 172.18.4.32; }

This one with only agent.circuit-id works:
host pc2         { host-identifier option agent.circuit-id 0:4:1:2a:2:4; fixed-address 172.18.4.33; }

Did you tried it yourself or you just figure it would be ok because it's an option?

In a post from David W. Hankins:
(https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2009-November/010339.html)

Note that this uses the entirety of a named option, it doesn't take an
arbitrary data-expression (no substring()'s, etc).

Denis